Thursday, December 18, 2014

#ThrowbackThursday

Happy Thursday!

So, since I mentioned Alexander O'Neal,  it reminded me that I only have two Christmas albums in my collection.  The first is the one by Alexander O'Neal entitled, "My Gift To You," and "Give Love At Christmas" by The Temptations.  The reason that this is has to mostly do with my boredom with Christmas carols in general, and I appreciate creative new songs to bring in the holiday season, outside of the usual carols we all know and love.  Even though there was never an official video promoting this particular song, I do remember Alvin & The Chipmunks covering it during another (updated) Christmas Special hosted by a young Will Smith back in the late 1980s or early 1990s.

When that special would air via syndication in subsequent years, that was a definite highlight, as I did not know where else I would be able to hear it, or who actually made it.  Thank God for the All Music Guide's cross-referencing!  Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the song.  It's funky, different and a lot of fun. More from Alexander later, as he is one worthy of further discussion...

Enjoy and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment