Tuesday, December 16, 2014

#TakeMeBackTuesday

Good day!

Of the nine albums that I can proudly say that I own of the band Lakeside, "Your Wish Is My Command" is, without a doubt, my favorite.  The title track is the funkiest I can think of, with more on the record as strong contenders.  The quarter-note funk of Fred Alexander, Jr. on drums, combined with the strong statement on bass by Marvin Craig (Fred Lewis doubling his line on synth bass) is enough to make me wish that the song filled up the entire A side of the LP.  With this album digitally remastered for CD, the joy is made even more convenient for fans.

When I was younger, I do remember seeing them live in the mid-1990s and noticed that Fred used an electronic drum kit, except for the snare and cymbals. Fred Lewis was doubling the bass on a KORG Prophecy and Marvin was stroking a MusicMan StingRay.  To my knowledge, KORG no longer makes the Prophecy.

With other favorites on this album such as, "Special," "Magic Moments," and "Urban Man," the record is a must-own for any fan of the band.

Enjoy your Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment