Sunday, January 4, 2015

#SoulfulSunday

Happy New Year, everyone!

It is a new year with new inspiration.  Today I wanted to share an artist that was introduced to me by a bass-playing friend of mine when I recently chatted with him about various Neo-Soul artists that I like and do not like.  The conversation initially started by me asking his opinion on the new album by D'Angelo, then after naming a few artists that I like, he recommended that I check out a gentleman by the name of Robert Glasper.  A gifted jazz pianist who has formed a band that incorporates elements of Jazz, Soul, and Hip-Hop into their sound, the song shared today is a cover of a song by Nirvana, a mid-90s Seattle alternative rock band of which I am also a fan.  I appreciate the new jazzy-mellow iteration of the tune. The two albums, "Black Radio" and "Black Radio 2" by this lineup are highly recommended.  Rest-assured, I will also be looking into his more traditional jazz work, as well.  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment